Artistic Director, New World Arts, Goshen, Indiana 07/07 – 05/12
- Selected and produced (6) seasons of 4-5 shows per year and one yearly 24/7 Play Festival.
- Hired and oversaw all production staffing needs.
- Held annual auditions and advised all directors on casting.
- Directed or acted in at least one show per year.
- Set vision for yearly marketing and branding.
- Promoted the theatre throughout the community as primary press contact.
- Reported monthly progress to the board.
- Strategized and participated in fundraising and donor initiatives.
Executive Director, New World Arts, Goshen, Indiana 06/04 – 07/05
- Instrumental in restructuring the management, organization, and operation of this nonprofit company while overseeing the remodeling of the 2,500 square foot space.
- Provided vision and guidance in writing the one-year, three-year and five-year growth plans as well as the mission and vision statement.
- Recruited a dedicated Board of Directors.
- Created an aggressive community-centered marketing program, resulting in regular print and televised coverage of our programming.
- Planned and coordinated development strategies and set accurate fundraising goals, increasing both corporate as well as individual giving
- Upgraded the box office system and procedures in order to better accommodate the increase in audience attendance by over 50% from the previous year.
Theater Manager, The Blue Gate Theater, Shipshewana, Indiana 9/03 – 1/1/05
- Provided guidance during the building of a new 350-seat theater.
- Streamlined box office procedures and initiated season ticket subscriptions as well as tour group bookings.
- Developed a marketing campaign focused on the growing tourist sector.
- Increased audience attendance from an average of 40 people per production to an average of 250 people per production.
- Developed a volunteer usher program with over 70 dedicated members.
Managing Director, Serendipity Theatre Company, Chicago, IL 9/99 – 5/02
- Served as the primary media liaison as well as assisted with the development and execution of the marketing campaign and fundraising goals.
- Directed fiscal planning and set annual budgets.
- Wrote and negotiated contracts.
- Planned and coordinated special events to attract funding.
Assistant to the Managing Director/House Manager, Festival Theatre, Oak Park, Illinois 05/00 – 09/00
- Assisted with ticket sales, season marketing and press materials.
- Oversaw the volunteer usher staff, concessions program and patron services.